Wordle is a web based tool for creating graphic images that represent word frequency in any given text. Here is an example of a 'Wordle' based on the text of a poem by Robert Frost.
- Go to the BBC website at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/
and find a text that you think is interesting.
- Copy the URL of the article.
- Go to: http://www.wordle.net/create
- Paste the URL of the article into the appropriate field and click on submit. Once your ‘Wordle’ is created, try to change the fonts and colours. Find out how to make all the words lower-case.
- Think about how you could use the Wordle as preparation for reading the article or to follow it up.
Here are some instructions showing how to create your own Wordle. How to Wordle